Thursday, July 26, 2007

SUMMER IN THE CITY VEGAS STYLE

There are definitely 3 seasons in Las Vegas just in the summer alone. There is hot 90-100, there is very hot 100-110, and then there's "ARE YOU KIDDING ME"? 110+. We have seen them all so far in 2007 and "they say" it's a dry heat. OK, but so is an oven and I don't put my head in there either. If you should take a dip in a pool in this heat, when you get out you would think you were just getting out of the water on New Years Day at Coney Island. You are sooooooo cold you may think that the ER is not such a bad idea. The upside ( and I always look for the upside) is that your swim wear is dry in 4 minutes.What a tough life. It's funny here, when the temperature drops below 80 people swear that an Arctic cold front just came through and when it's really cold in January, when the temperature hovers around 60, people are complaining that they're freezing. Whats up with that.

I don't miss the ice, cold, snow
, rain and dreariness that the Northeast can bring so it's understandable why Las Vegas has always been so appealing to me. I've done some fun things so far this summer. I met with Gary in Denver over the July 4th holiday and watched the Colorado Rockies beat the Mets and the Phillies 2 games each. Denver is a great city. Just in the downtown area alone there are great restaurants, clubs, shops, shows and the ballpark, Coors Field, is a fabulous place to watch a game. Gary is the ultimate baseball trip partner. He knows his stuff, particularly about the Phillies and always the arrangements for the activities are planned months in advance. I got to talk to some present and past Major League Baseball players at the hotel and that was pretty neat even if they were Phillies. Here's the two of us at Coors Field.




Kim and I went to San Diego last Wednesday as I continue to want to see the Mets lose on the road. This time, we watched San Diego beat the Mets 5-4, so this year I'm 0 - 3. Next year, I'd like to see my team play in San Francisco and go back to Denver with Kimberly. My baseball fantasy dream would be to be able to take part in the Mets Dream Week. This is where old guys like me actually play with other old guys and former Mets players in real live baseball games in Florida. I would have to work out to get back into my playing shape, and if there was any motivation that I would need to make that happen it would be Mets Dream Week.


to await little "The rest of the summer will be more work, more recruiting to build Phil's and my Sales Team and get ready for Stephanie's 21st Birthday on Sept 6th, her Baby Shower on Sept 9th and Kim and Steph returning to Norfolk on the 15thKairi's" arrival. Hopefully before the summer winds down Kim and I will get a chance to see Rex and Carli and tell them about the upcoming World Series between the Mets and the Sox. Give me just 2 hours with that boy and he will surely forget "Big Papi", and he will be singing "Jose Jose".

I sure hope that all my friends and family are having a great summer and as always, Las Vegas is the entertainment capitol of the world and Kim and I would love to see you here.

LET'S GO METS

Rich




1 comment:

dmdm said...

1) I'll take the 'dry heat' over 100% humidity without actual rain ANY DAY OF THE WEEK! Besides, when I'm 'cold' in January and it's 65*, I know it's because my blood has thinned out to allow for 116* in July.
2) Please, (in your next post) include a pronounciation of "Kairi" and it's origin/meaning. So far I can only find that it's an Animae(?) character. If this is the case... HAHAHAHA!!!! Stop making fun of Jaime, 'cause your other 'daughter' is just as weird! LOL!!
3) You'll never get MY children to be Mets fans. It's either Red Sox or PHILLIES!! (D-Backs are okay too!) So give it up Pops! Save it for Kairi!