Monday, June 18, 2007

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY







Good Evening Everyone, (it's actually after midnight PDT) but I thought it would be real nice to wish all you Dad's out there a Happy Father's Day. Those above the text are just some of the Dad's I know who give their hearts and souls to their children and the rest of their families. If you care to share some of your great picture moments, just send to me at rsmcloser@cox.net or send a picture text to 702-743-8098.

It was tremendous hearing from all my children today and spending some real quality time with Matt and Jaime as we made our first venture into the "Kohen's" sacred swimming area this year. Usually we find Phil throwing Matt into the pool but he escaped his yearly beating when The "Big Guy" and that's not me, decided that Jaime might enjoy being flipped over a couple of times.

It felt good calling Russ to wish him a Happy Fathers Day before he could call me. He is truly a great Dad, and all his and Dani's efforts for Rex and Carli are what I hope Aaron and Steph, who will be celebrating all sort's of firsts this year, go in with the same comittment as they have.

Thank you Barb for your call and lengthy conversation about the do's and dont's from a complaing, somewhat middle aged, fool at times. Your advise and comments were right on and followed to the letter. Again Thanks.

Stephanie, my favorite mother to be, was visiting her grandparents in South Jersey. Father's Day for her and Matt will come each year with a never ending period of grief since their Dad and my friend Michael passed away a year and a half ago. I could never replace Michael, nor would I want to, but both Steph and Matt know where I stand with them and as long as I'm still kicking and screaming, I've got their back. My Dad has been gone for 43 years and there hasn't been one day since then that I can't recall what my last words to him. "Happy Birthday POP". He died on his 50th birthday, just one day before my parents 25th wedding anniversary. So, Matt and Steph, if you read this, you know I share your grief. Remember on his birthday you celebrate his life, not his passing.

Last but not least, I also heard from my favorite niece Laura, and my almost daughter Valerie. I talked to Chris on his birthday Friday, I thought I missed the day and from my brother Happy who missed my birthday for the last 2 years, I really didn't expect to hear from today, but I wish you too brother a good father's day, not a great one, because I know that can never be. I'm so sorry about that you can not imagine.

For, Randy (dad) my oldest friend in Vegas, for JJ my (dad)partner in so many ways, for Scott(dad), where's the beef? for Gary(dad), I won't root against the Mets in Denver,and of course for Phil(dad) who will find the "Secret to the Conspiracy", I bid you all once again a Happy and Healthy and Wealthy Fathers day 2007.

Rich


2 comments:

DR. PHIL said...

Not a bad color combo but I wish the font color could be just a bit darker. I know you're color-blind but Kimberly does have taste.
Oh well, I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Later "SHREKKIE"!!!

With Love,
Dr. Phil

dmdm said...

LOVE the new layout--so much easier on the eyes! Keep up the posts, Pops. It's a great release, huh? FYI- keep your phone #'s and ANY other personal info off of here (outside of an email address). As long as you are 'open to the public' you should protect yourself & Kimberly... Just my humble opinion!
Looking forward to reading,
Dani